Publicity & Marketing Assistant
Calling all book lovers! Keen to learn how publicity and marketing make a great book marketing campaign? Are you excited to get stuck into the day-to-day running of an international publisher? If so, then don’t miss this new and exciting opportunity…
Abrams & Chronicle Books is the European arm of two acclaimed U.S. publishing houses: ABRAMS, based in New York, and Chronicle Books, based in San Francisco. Based in London, they distribute a wide range of award-winning visual books, including those of best-selling and globally renowned authors, illustrators, designers, artists, chefs and photographers. The illustrious lists include best-selling and globally renowned authors, illustrators, designers, artists, chefs and photographers such as Tim Flach, Jeffrey Brown, Hervé Tullet, Andrea Beaty and David Roberts, as well as beloved stationery lines Letters To My… and One Line a Day.
Abrams & Chronicle Books is excited to announce they are now looking for an enthusiastic Publicity and Marketing Assistant to join their thriving team. This exciting and pivotal role will report to the Publicity and Marketing Director where you will assist with the day-to-day administrative running as well as the media campaigns of a close-knit and bustling creative department. This is a fantastic opportunity to advance in a publishing career and learn how books are promoted and publicised at an international publisher through marketing, digital advertisement and the media.
Please note this role will commence remotely due to the pandemic, however, will return to working in their London office once safe to do so.
- Manage campaigns including pitching features, extracts and author interviews to journalists
- Maintain and manage the Publicity and Marketing Team’s databases particularly the media contacts databases with international press and bloggers by ensuring they are up to date
- General administration to support the department including ordering books, booking travel and accommodation and taking minutes during calls and meetings
- Assist with author events
- Support all aspects of the department’s social media campaigns
- Sorting and reading weekly newspapers to keep up to date with the media landscape
- Write and update press releases and send out general publicity updates to publishers and retailers
- Prepare seasonal/themed promotional material and organise catalogue mailings
- Respond to media enquiries and liaise with a host of publishers
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Good understanding of digital media and social media
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office particularly Excel and Word
- An ability to multi-task and good time management skills
- Confident communicator with strong written and verbal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Highly collaborative, flexible and self-motivated attitude
- Previous administrative experience
- An interest in children’s books
- Familiarity with the software Mailchimp and Adobe Creative Suite would be useful
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Do not contact the company directly
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Application closing date: 2 March 2021