Ralph Steadman: A Life in Ink is the definitive career retrospective of this revered and provocative UK artist.
Renowned for his collaborations with iconic American writer Hunter S. Thompson, he formed an unlikely duo that created “Gonzo” journalism.
This lifelong collaboration included the now-legendary Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, originally published in Rolling Stone magazine, which has since become a cult classic.
• Explores Steadman’s signature ink-splattered style
• Features a diverse body of work that includes satirical political illustrations
• Includes art from award-winning children’s books such as Alice in Wonderland
Ralph Steadman: A Life in Ink is a must-have celebration of the artist’s important and influential career.
This comprehensive monograph on the life and work of Ralph Steadman collects work from his dozens of books from his 50-plus year career.
• Satirist, artist, cartoonist, illustrator, writer—Steadman’s prolific and influential career continues
to resonate and inspire.
• His work is synonymous with the counterculture of the 1970s.
• The ultimate gift and coffee table book for fans of Gonzo journalism, Hunter S. Thompson, and
• Add it to the shelf with books like .Ralph Steadman: Proud Too Be Weirrd by Ralph Steadman, The Curse of Lono by Hunter S. Thompson, and Gonzo: The Art by Ralph Steadman.
Ralph Steadman is a Welsh-born, UK-based artist who has been creating groundbreaking art for over 60 years. He has published many books and has been featured in numerous publications, such as Rolling Stone, Vanity Fair, The Guardian, the New York Times, and many more
|Publication Date||20 October 2020|
|Illustrations||clothbound hardcover with tip-on photo, silkscreened printing, and spot gloss, over 200 full-colour images|