Birds & Words
Birds & Words is a vintage collection of 60 illustrations of birds and 60 humorous stories about each one. This book is a lovely reissue of the charming and highly collectible 1972 classic by Charley Harper.
Written and illustrated by the renowned illustrator. Harper’s style has been referred to as “minimal realism.”
• Charley Harper was a prolific mid-century modern artist based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
• Each bird was hand-painted in Harper’s signature style.
• Birds & Words brings together the beloved illustrator’s gifts as both an artist and a writer.
Charley Harper has illustrated numerous books, including the notable The Golden Book of Biology.
This new version of this vintage gem features a cloth-bound cover with a
tipped in image alongside the original vintage typography.
• A great book for fans of mid-century modern aesthetics, and for designers, bird lovers, minimal art, and those who adore all things Charley Harper
• Giftable to a wide age range—from children to retirees, Charley Harper’s charming illustrations and sweet stories appeal to all.
• Add it to the collection of books like Charley Harper: An Illustrated Life by Todd Oldham and Charley Harper, Smithsonian Handbooks: Birds of North America by Fred J. Alsop III, and Charley Harper’s Count the Birds by Zoe Burke and Charley Harper.
|Publication Date||7 April 2020|
|Illustrations||Cloth bound hardcover with tip-on image, 60 full-colour illustrations, 60 essays.|