The Art of Pixar
In this revised and expanded edition for the 25th anniversary of Pixar’s feature films, The Art of Pixar collects the breathtaking behind-the-scenes visual process of colorscripts.
Color scripts are the sequential paintings that visually represent key story moments from each film and set the lighting, color, and tone during the filmmaking process.
This expanded edition features colorscripts from Pixar’s feature films and shorts through Onward and Soul.
• A must-have for aspiring animators, Pixar enthusiasts, and Art of collectors alike
• 2020 marks the 25th Anniversary of Toy Story.
• Includes Academy Award–winning Coco, Inside Out, and Brave
Since Toy Story’s release in 1995, Pixar Animation Studios has set the standard for contemporary animation with a range of classic and influential feature films and shorts.
Packaged in a luxe slipcase, this collectible collection is a treasure trove of artwork for aspiring animators and Pixar fans alike.
• Part of the fan-favorite, collectible Art of series—books that explore production art and exclusive making-of details
• A perfect gift for Pixar fans, animation and filmmaking students, film buffs, and more
• Add it to the shelf with books like The Art of Zootopia by Jessica Julius, The Color of Pixar by Tia Kratter, and To Infinity and Beyond!: The Story of Pixar Animation Studios by Karen Paik.
Copyright © 2020 Disney Enterprises, Inc. and Pixar. All rights reserved.
Academy Award®–winning filmmaker Ralph Eggleston joined Pixar in 1992 and has contributed to a number of Pixar’s award-winning films, including Toy Story, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, WALL•E, and Inside Out. He lives in California.
Sharon Calahan has served as director of photography on many award-winning Pixar films, including Toy Story, A Bug’s Life, Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, The Good Dinosaur, and Onward, and currently lives in California.
|Publication Date||27 October 2020|