Success Is 90% Spite
Based on the popular webcomic The Pigeon Gazette! Follow artist Jane Zei through the everyday rollercoaster of a quarter-life crisis—when high-flying optimism meets cold, hard adulthood during the journey from college to a full-time career.
With favorites from viral webcomic The Pigeon Gazette, along with never-before seen comics, Success is 90% Spite is a reminder that there’s nothing you can’t achieve through hard work, persistence—and really wanting to prove someone else wrong.
• A hilarious and high-energy collection that captures the all-too-real difficulties of life as a 20-something in a modern world
• Comics follow Jane’s endearingly awkward and whimsical efforts to navigate adulthood.
• Covers a range of topics in both short, four-panel, and longer-form comics
When life gives you lemons . . . throw those suckers back into life’s stupid face and make your own success.
From choosing Lord of the Rings over love, to mastering pooping etiquette in the workplace, Jane’s existential adventures are told with an extra dose of narrative imagination, extended jokes on inane topics, and daydreams.
• The Pigeon Gazette has been featured in articles by Huffington Post, Bored Panda, and Buzzfeed
• Great gift for fans of funny webcomics, internet humor, and any millennial trying to make their way in the world
• Add it to the collection of books like Adulthood Is a Myth: A Sarah’s Scribbles Collection by Sarah Andersen, Am I There Yet?: The Loop-de-loop, Zigzagging Journey to Adulthood by Mari Andrew, and It’s All Absolutely Fine: Life Is Complicated So I’ve Drawn It Instead by Ruby Elliot
Jane Zei is a Massachusetts-based Asian-American artist and creator of the popular webcomic The Pigeon Gazette.
|Format||Paperback / softback|
|Publication Date||21 April 2020|
|Illustrations||paperback,spot UV gloss, unjacketed with flaps, full-colour illustrations throughout|