Family Field Trip
Erin Austen Abbott
With more than 40 family-friendly cultural activities and adventures, Family Field Trip makes it easy to incorporate moments of learning and exploration into life with kids.
In this engaging guide, parents and caretakers will find simple-to-follow ideas and tips for cultural experiences the whole family can enjoy, whether they are at home, exploring the neighborhood, or taking a vacation.
Drawing on a range of popular experiential educational techniques-including Montessori, World Schooling, Forest Schooling, and more- Family Field Trip is the perfect handbook for any family with young children and an invaluable resource for raising kids who will grow into curious, well-rounded citizens of the world.
• Gives parents the tools and inspiration to turn the world into a giant field trip full of opportunities to teach children cultural appreciation
• Provides parents with easy ways to incorporate learning, adventure, and exploration into both travel and daily life
• Tackles a range of lessons and topics without being prescriptive or overwhelming
By exploring sites, languages, and foods of the world, Family Field Trip is an inspiring guide to raise globally minded kids who appreciate art, food, music, nature, and more.
Activities include starting a supper club to introduce kids to the basics of cooking, having conversations that encourage empathy and cross-cultural understanding, designing fun scavenger hunts for any kind of museum, exhibit, or park, packing for trips with kids, and more.
• Perfect for parents, grandparents, and caregivers who aspire to raise open-minded world citizens with good taste
• A lovely gift for the adventurous, travel-loving family
• Great for readers who enjoyed How to Raise an Adult by Julie Lythcott-Haims, Atlas of Adventures by Rachel Williams, and Bringing Up Bebe by Pamela Druckerman
|Format||Paperback / softback|
|Publication Date||7 April 2020|
|Illustrations||PB with flaps, full-colour illustratiosn and photographs throughout|