The Bear and the Moon
Matthew Burgess, Catia Chien
The Bear and the Moon is a picture book that follows what happens when the gift of a balloon floats into Bear’s life.
The two companions embark on a journey—a magical tale that encompasses the joys of friendship and discovery.
This is a gentle book filled with humor, while tackling complex topics like the transcendence of loss and forgiveness.
• Filled with emotive text and radiant illustrations
• Simply told and profoundly felt
• Award winning author-illustrator team
The Bear and the Moon is a compassionate tale that honors the small but profound world of the very young.
This sweet book teaches social and emotional skills to kids, and offers a clever way to soothe some of our most difficult feelings: loss and guilt.
• Just as ideal for gently soothing young readers to sleep as it is for encouraging a contemplative break from an energetic day
• Great for parents, grandparents, and caregivers looking for a beautiful friendship or bedtime story
• Resonates year-round as a go-to gift for birthdays, holidays, and more
• Perfect for children ages 3 to 5 years old
• Add it to the shelf with books like Waiting by Kevin Henkes, Emily’s Balloon by Komako Sakai, and Stellaluna by Janell Cannon.
Matthew Burgess is an assistant professor at Brooklyn College and a poet-in-residence in NYC schools through Teachers & Writers Collaborative. His award-winning first children’s book, Enormous Smallness: A Story of E. E. Cummings, was a Junior Library Guild selection and an ALA Notable Children’s Book. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.
Catia Chien was born and raised in São Paulo, Brazil, and now works in New York, with a view of the East River and an old pencil factory. Her children’s book titles include an Ezra Jack Keats Honor winner, Things to Do, and an ALA Schneider Family Book award winner, A Boy and a Jaguar.
|Publication Date||29 September 2020|
|Illustrations||jacketed hardcover, full-colour throughout|
|Age Range||3 - 5|