Chris Dixon, Jeremy K. Spencer
The Ocean: A Handbook is a treasure trove of information and inspiration for anyone with an abiding love for the ocean.
This beautiful book features short-subject deep dives on topics like science, sailing, kayaking, surfing, diving, survival, and much more.
From experienced seafarers to ocean novices, for those about to ride their first wave, stand-up paddle on a dive, find a simple “one pan” galley recipe, or identify a bird that landed on the bow, The Ocean is rich with how-to advice and instruction.
• Features expert consultation and entertaining asides about the sea
• Filled with more than 200 informative and evocative illustrations
• A compilation of miscellany and delight for the ocean lover
In The Ocean, a sense of respect and wonder for the ocean come together under a foil-stamped and textured cover.
This handsomely packaged volume is the go-to guide for anyone captivated by the wonder, power, and mystery of the sea.
• An entertaining, authoritative, and captivating guide to all activities involving the sea
• The ultimate gift book for sailors, fishers, surfers, beachcombers, and ocean lovers everywhere
• Perfect for people who live in coastal areas, those who love the ocean, sailing, and ships, and anyone captivated by the power and mystery of the sea
• Add it to the shelf with books like SAS Survival Handbook by John Wiseman, Dangerous Book for Boys by Conn Iggulden, and Cabin Porn by Beaver Brook.
Chris Dixon is the author of Ghost Wave and editor of the blog TheScuttlefish. His writing also appears in the New York Times and Outside magazine, among other publications. He lives in Charleston, South Carolina.
Jeremy K. Spencer is an award-winning sports, science, and nature writer whose work has appeared in Men’s Journal, Wired, The Millions, and many other publications, including Outside, where he was a senior editor for eight years. He lives in Portland, Oregon.
|Publication Date||27 May 2021|
|Illustrations||unjacketed hardcover, 200 b/w and full-colour illustrations, 200 b/w and full-colour illustrations|