Looking for a simple and yummy festive recipe to do with your little ones? We have the yummiest recipe to try from our gorgeously illustrated advent calendar book, Christmas is Coming!
Every day of December brings a delightful new Christmas tradition in this keepsake advent book and one of them is a recipe for Snowball Cookies. Discover the magical recipe below and create a wonderful baking experience with your little ones this Christmas.
Snowball Cookies Recipe
Makes 50 cookies
1 cup (220 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup (60 grams) confectioners’ sugar, plus 1 cup (120 grams) sifted for rolling
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
2¼ cups (310 grams) all-purpose flour
1 cup (120 grams) ground walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350°Fahrenheit (180°Celsius). Have ready two ungreased cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the butter, ½ cup (60 grams) confectioners’ sugar, the cinnamon, and salt until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. On low speed, gradually beat in the flour and then the nuts just until mixed. The dough will be stiff and somewhat crumbly.
3. Pinch off pieces of the dough and roll between your palms into 1-inch (2.5-centimetre) balls. Place on the cookie sheets, spacing them about 1½ inches (4 centimetre) apart.
4. Bake in the centre of the oven until the tops are set to the touch and the bottoms are lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheets until they are still warm but are firm enough to handle without crumbling.
5. Spread 1 cup (120 grams) sifted confectioners’ sugar on a plate. Roll the warm cookies in the sugar, coating them evenly. Set on wire racks to cool completely. When the cookies have cooled, roll them again lightly in the sugar.
6. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Christmas is Coming is officially out now, find out more here.