These yummy little bites of heaven can be made in either a bundt tin or you can make these in a muffin tin. Just bake them for about 20 minutes instead.
This amazing recipe is taken straight out of the pages of I Can Cook Vegan by Isa Chandra Moskowitz, the undisputed queen of vegan home cooking.
Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cakes with Lemon Glaze
For the cakes:
225 g pumpkin puree
120 ml olive oil
250 g granulated sugar
180 ml unsweetened non-dairy milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
225 g all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon salt
For the glaze:
205 g confectioners’ sugar, sifted
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon refined coconut oil, melted
Makes 6 mini Bundts
- Make the cakes: Preheat the oven to 175°C. Lightly grease a mini Bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the pumpkin puree, olive oil, sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir until relatively smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the baking pans, filling each one about three-quarters full. Bake for 26 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. The cakes are done when they are firm and puffy on top and lightly pulling away from sides of the pan. Let cool in the baking pan and once you can handle it, invert the Bundts onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze: Place confectioners’ sugar in a large bowl. Add the vanilla, lemon juice and coconut oil and stir vigorously, until a thick and smooth but pourable icing forms. If it seems too thick, add warm water by the teaspoon until the desired texture is achieved.
Get your copy of I Can Cook Vegan here.