With less than a week to go excitement is building for the release of Untamed, with humans and netherlings alike!
To celebrate the release of this final trip down the rabbit hole, we asked A.G Howard to answer some questions we’ve been dying to ask:
- Do you have a favourite book in the series? Untamed, because I love happy endings!
- Which book in the series has your favourite cover? Unhinged. Purple and blue are my two favorite colors.
- Who would you cast to play Alyssa in a Splintered movie? Emily Browning or Avril Levine.
- Which character do you identify with with most? We both love to thrift shop and have a fear of heights.
- Who is your favourite Alice In Wonderland Character? The caterpillar, naturally.
- What would be the one piece of advice you would give your teenage self? The most important thing you’ll ever need is a strong core of self-respect. Self-respect comes from knowing, accepting, and loving who you are. We’re all individuals. So how can someone else’s idea of normal be the same as yours? We have different gifts that make us unique. Find what yours are and embrace them—nurture and grow them. Because if you’re true to yourself, even if you’re teased about it sometimes, you will find your own version of “normal.” And in turn, you’ll find your happiness.
Also, you can read more advice I’ve given to my teen self on this Dear Teen Me Interview from a couple of years ago.
- What has been your favourite YA release of 2015? I just finished a wonderful retelling of the Little Mermaid by Esther Dalseno called DROWN (October 2015 by 3 Little Birds Books). This was nothing like the Disney version. It was dark, lush, and touching. It broke my heart in several places. Everything a good retelling should be.
- What are you writing now? I’m working on my next YA classical spinoff for Abrams, called ROSEBLOOD. Here’s the synopsis from GoodReads: This Phantom of the Opera retelling / spin-off follows a high school senior who is sent to RoseBlood Academy—a French boarding school for musical arts inside a renovated opera house rumored to have ties to the classic opera—only to discover a very real danger lurks within that has awaited her for over a century. I’m having a lot of fun in this new, haunting world filled with music, magic, unrequited love, jealous rivals, and eccentric and mysterious personalities. Can’t wait to share it with everyone in 2017!
Thank you A.G. Howard for bringing the Splintered series into our lives! We can’t wait to read Untamed! LESS THAN A WEEK TO GO! Celebrate the release of this final installment with us; share your favourite moments from the series with us on Twitter @ACBYA!
Here are some of our favourite reviews for the series, thank you to all the amazing bloggers who have jumped down the rabbit hole with us year after year!
“The setting was jaw-droppingly awesome, the characters jump off the page, the adventure was badass in every level and the twist in the end was unexpectedly heartbreaking. Need I say more?” – Books For YA
“Splintered, you’re gothic and twisted but you’re mine. Now let’s officially move you onto my favourite bookshelf”. – Reflections of a Booksworm
“Splintered is a wonderful retelling of the original Alice in Wonderland. Readers will love the madness, romance, action, and the dark twists and turns of the story. Howard’s outstanding writing, bizarre but loveable characters and mysteriously fresh tale will take you to a whole world where everything is unexpected yet fascinating” – Word Contessa
“Splintered is an utterly captivating story on so many levels and I am sure is set to be a classic in its own right. A feast for the imagination as well as the eyes”. – Book Angel Booktopia
“I really can’t urge everyone enough to go pick up this highly addictive book, because I can promise you that you’ll not have read anything like it before!” – Fiction Fascination
“I highly recommend this series to you all. Take a tumble down the dark brightly coloured rabbit hole, play with devious and alluring Wonderland creatures and put your mind to the test and see if you want to resurface from this read.” Big Book Little Book Blog
“The perfect continuation from Splintered, Unhinged was madness and crazy combined into a pocket of badassery encased with gruesome creatures and magic. Suspense and a cliff-hanger that’ll leave you wanting Ensnared the minute you finish reading, Wonderland really was only the beginning.” Studioreads Blog
“‘Unhinged’ builds on ‘Splintered’ in the best way, and Howard has really done an excellent job with this development. It’s a gripping read, that really works on the mystery behind the story, and, more than anything, leaves me dying for Book Three. 2015 can’t come quicker.” One Round Panda
“This story had me under its spell from page one. Ensnared is a terrific (and satisfying) conclusion to an amazing series.” Kate Ormand
“Everything described is just so wonderfully insane and bizarre that I just can’t help but love every single aspect of it. A.G. Howard’s writing and world building is so incredibly good. She has this way with words that make a story come alive.” - IrisjeXx Blog
“Ensnared is an epic adventure, full of deception, romance, and lots of magic.” - Much Loved Books Blog